The Passive House Institute is the developer and exclusive copyright holder of the Passive House Planning Package (PHPP).
As the official Passive House energy balance and planning tool for efficient new builds and retrofits, the Passive House Planning Package e is the result of more than 20 years of research and is proven to be very accurate. PHPP is an easy to use, excel-based tool for the use of architects and planning experts.
The Passive House Planning Package provides reliable results for the following:
• Heating demand per year [kWh/(ft2a)] and maximum heating load [W/ft2]
• Cooling demand per year [kWh/(ft2a)] and maximum cooling load [W/ft2] (in case of active cooling)
• Summer comfort in case of passive cooling: frequency of overheating [%]
• Demand for renewable primary energy (PER) per year and primary energy demand (PE) of all energy services in the entire building [kWh/(ft2a)]
• Assessment of the annual renewable energy gains [kWh/(ft2 ground a)]