- This event has passed.
Envelope Solutions for Passive House Designs
July 21 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Jason Cattelino (Technical Consultant) and Jim Muhaw (Area Manager-Northeast) with Rothoblaas USA will present envelope solutions that will provide strategies for air tightness and waterproofing in passive house designs for low-energy, healthy, comfortable, and durable buildings.
- Brief overview of the goals of Passive House Design
- Interior Air Tightness Strategies: Offer the differences between Vapor Stops, Vapor Barriers and Vapor Control Membranes.
- Exterior Weather Resistant Barriers: Offer the differences between Microporous and Monolithic membranes and their applications.
- Tapes and Gaskets: The application in the building interior and exterior envelope design.
- Exterior Insulation Fastening: Offer strategies and considerations for thermal bridging and exterior insulation fixations.
Jim is a certified Passive House Tradesperson, member of the Timber Framers Guild and founding member of the New Jersey Passive House. Currently, he is the Area Manager for the Mid-Atlantic and New England areas for Rothoblaas-USA. He is committed to better building practices for a low carbon future.
Jason has served the mass timber industry for the past 5 years as a structural engineer with a primary focus on design and detailing of Cross-Laminated Timber buildings. He is an advocate of sustainable and prefabricated building materials and currently supports designers, architects, engineers and builders through his role as a Technical Consultant with Rothoblaas