Jason Cattelino (Technical Consultant) and Jim Muhaw (Area Manager-Northeast) with Rothoblaas USA will present envelope solutions that will provide strategies for air tightness and waterproofing in passive house designs for low-energy, healthy, comfortable, and durable buildings.
- Brief overview of the goals of Passive House Design
- Interior Air Tightness Strategies: Offer the differences between Vapor Stops, Vapor Barriers and Vapor Control Membranes.
- Exterior Weather Resistant Barriers: Offer the differences between Microporous and Monolithic membranes and their applications.
- Tapes and Gaskets: The application in the building interior and exterior envelope design.
- Exterior Insulation Fastening: Offer strategies and considerations for thermal bridging and exterior insulation fixations.