This course will explore the development of ventilation systems for high performance buildings, such as Passive House, NZE and other very energy efficient projects. With very tight and well insulated structures, the HVAC energy becomes an increasingly important element in both energy efficiency and Indoor Air Quality and health. We will explore what makes an HRV or ERV efficient, and how efficiency matters.
Course topics include:
- Overview of high performance building
- Why ventilation is important
- Developing commercial ventilation code requirements across North America
- How much ventilation is needed?
- Traditional ventilation methods
- Control strategies
- Ductwork design
- Systems Designs
- Government & utility
Lunch will be provided.
- Barry Stephens
- Aubrey Gewehr, P.E., CPHC, LEED AP
This course is approved fro 6 PDHs for Architects and PEs.
Register here for your ticket!