DesignPH – On Demand – Course: NYPH_104
This powerful online and on-demand specialized Passive House course allows you to explore and study DesignPH and improve your Passive House designs and client presentations. You can do so at own time, step-by-step, with 8 lessons. The course was developed by Ed May and organized by New York Passive House (NYPH). This course is free to all NYPH members because we want you to succeed.
DesignPH is a powerful tool which allows Passive House professionals to easily draw, manage and simulate buildings alongside the PHPP excel model. This 1 hour session will introduce participants to the basics of DesignPH and provide a window into some of the capabilities of this critical piece of the Passive House toolkit. We will examine the basic workflow of DesignPH and gain a better understanding of how it sits alongside the PHPP and how they two interact. We’ll also look at how assemblies, windows, and thermal-bridges can all be easily cataloged and managed within DesignPH. The session will finish up with a look at the new DesignPH 2.0 shading techniques and how they can radically improve your building performance model.
- Workflow: Modeling, Required Tools
- Solar: Location, Orientation, Axes, Shadow
- Assignments: Exposure Type, U-Values, Creating Assemblies
- Face Assignments: Below Grade, Shading Context, Non-Thermal Faces
- Assignments: Thermal Bridge, TFA Surface
- Window: Modeling, Components, Mullions and Reveals
- Window: Editing and Adjusting, Curtain Walls, Shading
- Analyze: Editing & Export